Troop 54 Snow Sport Weekend
Printer Friendly Copy - Click ==> Troop 54 Snow Sport Weekend
This is a great opportunity for Scouts to earn a Snow Sports Merit Badge. If you prefer to just come out and ski or snow board, then this is for you too. Family members are welcomed.
We will be going to Bear Mountain Resort, but you can also use your lift ticket at Snow Summit Resort. All you do is take the shuttle that departs each resort twice an hour. So you get two resorts for the price of one lift ticket!!
There are a variety of packages available, even ski and snow boarding school for kids as young as 4 years old.
If you want to spend the weekend, three Troop families have offered to put you up in their Big Bear Mountain retreat for no cost; however, space is limited. If you only want to come out for the day, that’s okay too.
- When: March 14 – 16, 2014
- Where: Big Bear, California
- Cost: Depends on what package you buy
- Contact: Mr. Sanchez (562) 762-7253 or 1Madmexican@verizon.net
- Adults (22 & older) All Mountain Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $63
- Adults (22 & older) Beginner Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $56
- Young Adult (13 - 21) AllMountain Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $56
- Young Adult (13 - 21) Beginner Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $53
- Children (8 - 12) AllMountain Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $52
- Children (8 - 12) Beginner Lift, Lessons, & Rentals $43
- Little Bear School (5 - 7) AllMountain Lift, Lessons, & Rentals
- (Morning or Afternoon) $49
- (Morning & Afternoon - No Lunch) $66
- Little Bear Camp (4 -7) AllMountain Lift, Lessons, & Rentals
- (Morning or Afternoon – No Lunch) $66
- (Morning & Afternoon – Includes Lunch) $87
Helmet Rentals (Per BSA policy, required for all Boy Scouts) $7
Drivers will be compensated for fuel ($5 each way per person) unless your family member is a driver. If applicable, an additional $15 for food will be added to your cost (2 breakfasts, one lunch, and one dinner). Friday dinner will not be provided because we will be eating on the road (Give your scouts $7 to $10 dollars to pay for his Friday night meal).
Mr. Sanchez has the ski / snowboarding order forms for the package you choose. There are also other options available that are not mentioned above. You will need to fill out an order form and pay for the trip no later than February 21st (no exceptions) or you will be dropped.