Nick passed his Eagle Character Board Monday, June 21st, 2010. Congrats!!!
If you are interested in participating in orienteering (one of the requirements for 1st Class) with Mr. Wold, please read the follow email:
WHEN: Thursday, June 24 at 5pm
WHERE: La Mirada Regional Park (see location below)
NEED: Scouts will need a compass, scratch pad and pen. Let’s make sure they are hydrated before they start walking (bottle left in car is ok).
Location is La Mirada Regional park. Off of La Mirada Blvd. turn east on Foster. Proceed on Foster through the stop sign at Lisburn. Turn in at the next parking lot on the right. Park on this end of the parking lot, the end you entered (west end). To verify you are in the correct parking lot there is a baseball field located on the south side.
The length of time will take about 1 hour. Parents will need to provide transportation and remain at the park while the training is being conducted.
Mr. Wold needs to know how many attendees.
If you are interested, please contact Mr. Binnings or Mr. Wold.
See you there!
To help scouts and parents better understand the many features and safety options available in this website we have drafted the followings safe-web tips.
The guidelines below will be permanently placed under the "Safe-Web Tips" tab above
I. FEATURES AND SAFETY PRACTICES
Kids safe – there are many features in the website to protect your privacy. Learn how to use them; they are there to help you share with other troop members in a safe and private environment.
- ALL pages, posts, comments can be password protected – you have the option and control to share files, pictures, and posts. By following the Safe Tips listed below and by knowing how to use the many safety features available in the site, you will be able to get minimize of sharing unwanted information to the general public.
- Know that you may post and upload content, including pictures, videos, forms, etc. Site is regularly monitored for “unsafe” posts, videos, pictures, and links.
- Administrators receive email notification on new users; only authorized individuals are allowed to register.
- The website is flexible, unwanted content, pages, pictures, and style can be quickly updated and /or removed.
- ALL Blogs are blocked from search engines.
- The website has a protected copy feature that prevents right-click-save of pictures. You can further secure pictures and copy by password-securing them.
II. ASSIGNMENTS TO ADMINISTER SITE:
The site has the following administrative levels; please familiarize yourself with them and what features and access you may have:
a. Administrators: Edit, read, delete access to all pages, and content
b. Editors: Edit, read, delete, add; mostly content – does not have access to the entire site
- As assigned by LWold (Scoutmaster)
c. Authors: Add, read, comment, and upload files.
- All parents and scouts
d. Contributors: Add and delete only
- Non-troop individuals
e. Subscriber: Read only
- Default registration; once approved, they will be give Author status.
III. When posting, please keep in mind the following “safe posting tips”
- Keep your information to yourself. Don’t post your full name, Social Security number, address, phone number, or bank and credit card account numbers — and don’t post other people’s information, either. Be cautious about posting information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline. This could include the name of your school, sports team, clubs, and where you work or hang out.
- Your screen name should not say too much about you. Don’t use your name, your age, or your hometown. Even if you think your screen name makes you anonymous, it doesn’t take a genius to combine clues to figure out who you are and where you can be found.
- Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing — and knowing — about you.
- Negative or malicious posts should never be posted; if in doubt do not post. For scouts if in doubt, ask your parents and discuss the nature of your comments.
- If you need to share files, be sure those files do not contain personal information, including full names, phone numbers, addresses, etc. If needed, you can share permission slips behind password-protected posts.
Calling all Assist. S.P.L.’s and Patrol Leaders: There is a mandatory meeting this Monday at 6:30. Please be on time. We have a lot of changes and activities to add to our Calender for June and not a lot of time. Please come prepared with notebooks,pen,Paper and complete uniforms. Thanks Roberto S.P.L.